Story 97

I sighed. Mom called me and I had to go to school - the "light" or my life. Everyone turned on me last year, when someone who I thought I could trust spilled my only secret to everyone, then twisted a story into a complete lie. I'd rather not say her name It hurts too much... I'll call her Voldemort - She who shall not be named.

I watched my little sister run to her friends and tell everyone what she did over the weekend. Yesterday was mother's day so we went to the movies and had alot of fun, celebrating mom. My step dad was forced to work, so we made it a girls day - with my uncle working too for some extra money - and went to the mall. We had to rush home, since my uncle is talented and cut his hand at work (he's a cook) and needed stitches. My sister and I watched TV until they got back.

I fast-walked to my favorite teachers room. He refused to let anyone in his class but me. He has us call him X for some reason... but X is pretty awesome. He is the only person who knows about my bullying other than those who bully me or watch it happen. "Hey bug. How was your weekend?" I sighed. "Too normal. Mom still suspects nothing, but I have found that I don't need to fake a smile when I'm at home. I'm actually happy and don't worry about anything, but the second I think about school I'm almost in tears..."

"C'mere bug." I set my backpack down and walk into X's arms. "I know it's hard, but remember, stay strong. For your mom and sisters. For me. For you." I nod and sniff. "I'll stay strong for you, X. I promise."

What type of bullying did you experience (cyberbullying, teasing, name calling, physical altercations, etc.)? 

I experienced physical, teasing, and name calling.

How old were you when the bullying started? 

I was 11 when I started to be bullied.

Who bullied you (please be vague by using terms such as old friend, classmate, neighbor, etc.)? 

An old friend Started bullying me... and everyone joined in.

How did you feel while you were being bullied? 

I felt horrible when I was bullied. I felt like I was the only person who was going through it and that it was all my fault.

How did you feel after being bullied? 

when I escaped being bullied I was so relieved but I didn't know how to make new friends and I became shy and akward and unsure.

Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied? 

I have told most people that I know that I was bullied

Why/why not? 

because they used to question why I would just not talk for days.

How long were you bullied for? 

I was bullied for one of my ex friends making up a story and twisting my past and blowing it up in my face.

Are you still being bullied?

I am no longer bullied... but I am often really really depressed and I go to therapy every 2 weeks, but I still feel the same After 2 YEARS of being free from my bullies.