Submission 728

What type of bullying did you experience (cyberbullying, teasing, name calling, physical altercations, etc.)?

I have experienced name calling, teasing, and physically (pushed, slapped in the face, etc).

How old were you when the bullying started?

I was about 12 years old.

Who bullied you?

My classmates and one of my teachers.

What did the bullies say or do to you?

They called me names like ugly, fat, stupid, etc. My teacher said I was ugly, retarded, and stupid for having my hair in my face. My classmates used to take my book and passed it on around the tables, the keep away game. One day, I was in the class, asking this young gentleman to please stop teasing me, and in the middle of my speech, he slapped me. Everyone started laughing, including the teacher. I was embarrassed, and didn't show up to school the next day.

How did you feel while you were being bullied?

I felt unloved, stupid, worthless, and that everyone hated me.

How did you feel after being bullied?

I felt lonely. Like there were billions of people in the world, but yet I couldn't get any of those numbers to care for me.

Did anything help you cope with that feeling?

I can't tell you it's the best copying mechanism, but I tried to cut myself. The scars weren't deep, just something to distract me.

Have you ever self-harmed and/or fallen into a state of depression as a result of being bullied?

Yes. Both of them.

Have you ever contemplated suicide as a result of being bullied?

Yes I have. I had to go to an institution.

Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied?

Why/why not? I have mentioned to that one teacher though it wasn't exactly telling her I said: "Why are people so mean? Why does everyone hate me?" She laughed it off, and thought I was being ridiculous. I did this because I felt trapped, and all I wanted was someone to care.

How long were you bullied for?

Only about a couple of years.

Are you still being bullied?

Gladly, I'm not!! At least not to my face :)