Submission 950

I'm in 7th grade right now and let's just say the transformation from elementary school to middle school was not easy at all at least for me. I'm what you would call someone that has one or two friends and doesn't like to stand out but last year I stood out a lot. So I went to elementary school with the bully I wasn't her friend but we got along until middle school. I was in her gym class the first semester and that's where everything started. One day I was walking into the locker room to change and I turned on the light thinking I was the first one there. Then others start herding in and then the bully yells "Who they hell turned on the light" I didn't know she had turned off the light and everyone pointed at me. By then I was already changed so I was just waiting around. The bully pushed me to the floor and said I know why you wanted the lights on because you just wanted to see us naked cause your gay! Now I had been called gay a lot because I don't date like everyone else so I was use to it. I got up and left to go wait in the gym without saying anything. Two weeks later after the tumors and hate in the classroom and locker room had started to die down the bully did something else. I had brought lotion to school and left it on a stool for a second well I got dressed when I turned back to it it was gone. I figured I lost it until later when we got back from gym the bully came to the other side of the locker room where I was and the lotion bottle at my head which barely missed. This scared the crap out of me because I never thought she would take it that far. Yet I didn't tell anyone and I really wish I did because for the next year she pushed me down in the hall,slapped me ,and spread more rumors. I thought about suicide and cut myself and I regret doing it. Never let things overwhelm you always have hope and live on! Well that's my story :^)

What type of bullying did you experience?

Physical and teasing/name calling

How old were you when it started?

10

Who bullied you?

My classmate

What did the bully do?

Pushed me down, slapped me, called me gay ,ugly, slut, hor

How did I feel?

Truthfully really sad angry at myself and the bully and really bad about my body and personality

How did I feel after?

I'm much happier though I still don't like my body

Did anything help?

I did the things I loved to do and spent time with the people I love so I didn't have time to think about the bad stuff.

Have I ever self harmed or fallen into a depression?

Yes I have and I'm not proud of it I got really sad about myself and I started cutting my wrist and thighs because I felt like I deserved everything I got that includes the cuts I put on myself.

Have I ever contemplated suicide because of being bullied?

Yes I have I thought it would be so easy just to take some pills or climb out my window and jump but I never did because I always thought about my parents and sister and how it would hurt them so much and I couldn't do it. I always knew it would get better some day.

Have I told anyone?

I actually told my counselor when the bully threw something at me and all the did was tell me they couldn't do anything until I had proof she touched me. After that I didn't feel like anyone would care so I keep it to myself.

How long was I bullied for?

Thankfully only for a little over a year

Am I still being bullied?

No I eventually told my sister and she told my parents then they went to the school.

ADVICE: My advice is only to never let it get so far that you don't want to live on. It may seem dark but there's always going to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't take your own life because the world needs people like us the ones that have been through things and can stand up for someone else so they don't go through the same thing we did. No matter what never lose hope because it's the only thing we have left if you lose hope then everything's lost.