Story 478

In year 5, I fought with the only two friends I had in my class(blonde 1 and curly 1). They started to leave me out, nothing serious but we became more distant after. The next year, a new boy came to the school. We didn't talk, we just played stupid games to annoy each other from across the table. Soon he started seeing a girl; one of my closest friends (brunette 1). This didn't bother me as I never liked him in that way. After a couple of months, I stopped sleeping as all my worries kept me awake. So my parents arranged for me to see the school counsellor. After a few sessions the counsellor noticed my friendship with the boy and offered to host a shared session with him. I accepted and soon realised the boy was in exactly the same situation as me; unable to sleep. Everything was fine until Brunette 1 became jealous and started spreading rumours about how I "liked the boy and is jealous of her and would do anything to get rid of her." After the rumours got around, no one believed a word I said. The whole year group teased me calling me a "liar" or "theif". The worst part was I had no one to go to. The main bully used to be one of my closest friends, so none of my friends would stand up to her.

Soon after, my grandma was diagnosed with cancer, and died. No sympathy came for me, instead they insulted my grandma's memory, calling her a liar or nosy snitch. Things started to get more physical after her death. I admit I hit or punched them, but they only harrased me more. They stole my shoes when I took them off for PE; drew on my work when I wasn't watching; poured mustard on me at a party, but the worst was when they used a spatula to slap me. It still hasn't stopped. The only that has changed is my friendship with the boy. He said that if brunette 1 came anywhere near me, her would leave her, like I left our friendship.

I thank him for that.