Submission 961

At the start of my 8th grade year it started with a few best friend. It ended with me going to counseling and hating my life. Yet it kept going on a little in my freshman year in high school.

So when my 8th grade year started I had a very very good best friend she and I had been friends since I had moved to Oklahoma, we were like sisters. Her mother and my sister got into a fight over something stupid so my parents weren't allowing me to go to her house and she to my house because my parents were stick compared to hers. So we slowly drifted apart and at first I thought it was good for me since she was a very bad kid and I never saw it until after we stopped being friends.

After we drifted apart she started saying rude things about me.. About things i was already very self conscious about. It made me wonder if they were really true. Then she started spreading my secrets around the school. I trusted her with those secrets. It was terrible! She was my best friend what happened to her being my sister? It made me hate life, I became so depressed.

I talked to my parents about how depressed I was and about what was going on. This was going on all year, before the end of the year my parents and I talked to the principals they told us that they couldn't do anything about it, because we didn't have any classes together, and our lockers weren't near each other. So I handled it but then it got so bad. She stared physically bullying me. she would see me in the hallways and call me bad names and shove me.. People saw but they never did anything about it. I had a few friends still after she took most of them, you truly see peoples true colors when this kind of things happen.

One day my school was having a free day where we all go outside and eat hot dogs and hangout. She came up to me and started calling me names like "whore" "bitch" she told me "no one actually likes you, they just feel sorry for you." then she began shoving me and I just got so tired of it and shoved her back, we both got pulled away. I stayed in school but later that day things just got so bad. I went into the bathroom after being cornered and called names and I called my dad crying telling him "I just couldn't take it anymore, that I wanted to kill myself" so he came and got me. We went to a neighboring town called Fargo and went to their school. We wen and talked to their principal about switching schools, but they told us they couldn't take me because it was to late in the year. So I stayed in my school my dad told me if I felt threatened to just punch the person and thankfully she stopped pushing me around but she kept saying bad things about me. When school ended so did the bullying. It was a great summer even though i was still very depressed. My parents took me to a counselor and she was amazingly sweet and funny. I self-harmed for three years that year was the worst, I got into so much trouble for self-harming from my parents, and there were times when I wanted to kill myself.

The next year, my freshman year of high school I started getting bullied by a boy, he would say that I was a "whore" and "that I spread my self through the school" it was going on for about a month and I had told my parents about it and my dad told me if it kept happening to tell him that if he called me a bad name one more time that I would punch him. So there was a morning when I got to school and my friend and I went to the bathroom and when we came back his stuff was all over the floor. He walked over and went off on me thinking that I pushed it on the floor, but I couldn't have since when it happened I was in the bathroom. I had told him the day before that if he said anything rude to me ever again that I would punch him and when he did I went off I was already having such a bad day and I went to punch him and another girl tripped me but I got back up and hit him until I was pulled off by my boyfriend. I had told teachers that I was getting bullied and I also told the principal. No one ever did anything and I was done with not doing anything.

This is my story, and I am proud to say that now I have the happiest life that I could ask for. For anyone reading this and thinking it doesn't get better, I promise it gets better.