Story 381

I had a pretty bad life, when it comes to bullying. But they day talking about it helps, so I'm going to.

My sister has bullied me since I was a baby, no lie. It seemed to amuse her, watch me run away crying, and she did it every day. I hated it, and I wanted to know why she wanted to do it.

But, even though I wondered, I wanted something more. I wanted a good relationship with my sister. I was too young to understand it yet, but I knew she did it because she liked it. So I thought, if I give her what she wanted, she'll like me. To let it break me down, to let it hey to me, right?

Wrong! She learned that I was so gullible, she started physically bullying me, then picking on me in public and with company over, and I would run away, crying.

This was a point in my life where I lost a lost a lot of friends. However, my real ones supported me. This made me feel comfortable. I was finally out of the shell my sister had put me in.

I asked my mom to punish her, but by the time, I was used to crying at everything my sister said, I spread that out to my parents and close friends. My mom said she would only punish her if she would punished me for my constant whining. So I said no. I remember thinking "'2 Forever Grounded Children' A Bestseller" and crying into pillow.

I regret all of those actions to this day.

I went to my mom for advice,and she gave me something extremely helpful. She said: "Don't give get what she wants. Then she'll know she can do it more. Stand your ground," and then left.

So that's exactly what I did. When my sister hit me, I shrugged it off, when the kids in my grade started picking on me, I smiled it away. Then, another bully came along in 5th grade. She made fun of me and was rude, but I laughed it off.

My sister realized this, and she eased into not bullying me anymore. She was still mean to me every now and then, but, I'm never going to escape that, she's a sister.

The 5th bully also stopped, and we became good friends.

The moral of this story is: Things can look up. Sometimes extremely predictable, sometimes in odd ways.

They say talking about things helps. That's what I did. And it helped.

However, it wasn't easy. I was so embarrassed with sharing this, but I finally got the courage to.

And I hope so do all of you.