Submission 887

Hi people of Wattpad. First off, I thank JBKantt for every single submission. I feel inspired with every word I read. Thanks again and I love you girl. But anyways let's get on with my story.

I was always naive, growing up. My mother didn't even want to give me "the talk" if you know what I mean. I found out eventually, I have my ways. Well let's continue.

It started when I was in 5th grade. I went to a very small school, grades 1-6 and consisted of around 100 kids. In my class we had 9 kids(ik, ik, crazy right?) and I was close with all of them. Being the only girl in my class, I became one with the boys. Lunch, gym and after school, I was with them, laughing and sharing comments. Anyways, the 5th grade class was the largest in the school, 18 kids, and they were probably the worst. After my mom told me to stop being so tomboyish, I decided to give it a try. I befriended a girl from the 5th grade(which will be called Friend1). We would talk when we could, because we were in different grades it was hard. I actually made friends with a girl. To me it was a big achievement and I was proud of myself. Our mothers set up a sleepover. I was ecstatic. My first sleepover. I arrived at her house. It was beautiful. High celings, multiple guest bedrooms, and multiple laptops and computers as well. She was rich, unlike me. I took it in all at once. I out my arm around her and said I loved her house. Friend1 gave me a weird look, quickly replaced by a smile and a thank you. She showed me around and my mouth was open in awe. I clearly remember everything; it was an important time in my life. We stayed up most of the night and I helped her with Holocaust homework. One thing I noticed as I laid down to go to sleep. Not one thank you. I'm a person not to take that lightly, but I was too tired that night and I have minor insomnia. I wake up the next morning and texted my mom. She said she would pick me up at noon but knowing my mom, 11:45. I was showing Friend1 some dance moves. She loved them and wanted me to show her mother. I am very insecure around people I don't know. I broke down after she dragged me out in front of her mom. She kept on asking me why I wouldn't go and that I should go dance. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. I finally left and quickly recovered from the incident.

On Monday, all of the boys from my class approached me. I greeted them happily. I am usually a very happy person. "Then she doesn't know.", one of the boys said. I asked what they were talking about. "Friend1 has been spreading rumors that you are a l*sbian." I froze. "A what?" I asked. Remember, I was a naive child. "It means you are in love with girls." "What?!" I tried to push past them but they held me back. They knew me so well. I wanted to kick her ass. Did I mention I have anger problems? I can calm down real easy, but the smallest thing sets me off. I finally calmed down, and with reassuring pats on the back, I made my way to my first class. I thought about what Friend1 said. She was popular, rich, and nice to some people. Everyone loved her, exept the boys in my class. I finally let it go.

Later on, I heard that she said on the night I slept over, I was all over her, violating her personal space. Calling me a b*tch, and a slut, I'd had enough. We both had gym at the end of the day. She always stayed afterwards to meet her friends. I caught her alone and confronted her. This was her response.

"Okay, LEZ be honest. I did say those things. At least I'm not a slut. So, what are you gonna do about it? Huh? WHAT?!" At this moment, I punched her square on the jaw. All I do now is make a joke out of it now, but then, I was angry and scared as hell. The fight continued and I won't get into details, but let me just say she wasn't at school the next day.

She eventually came with a black eye and a bruised rib, while I had a couple bruises and a cut on my jawline. I never found out how I got the cut, but I think Friend1 found a shard of glass on the floor or something. She cut me shallowly on the jaw an a deep cut on my eyebrow. The scar is still there. I regretted punching her. I told my mom I fell at school. Luckily, she believed me. When she came, she ignored me. Whenever we made eye contact, her eyes looked terrified. Friend1 and her gang still called me names behind my back. Poor white trash was the most popular, it was hard to ignore it, because being poor was true, being white was true, but I wasn't trash. My mom is a teacher and my dad can't really find work, due to the fact that he has a herniated disc. Teachers don't make much. Well, I was still hanging with the guys, a true tomboy. We were playing football. They treat me like I'm one of them. Boy1 tackled me and screamed "DOGPILE!". Soon I felt the weight of eight guys on me and, hell, it was a lot. I was just laying there laughing. Speak of the devil, I see Friend1s shoes in front of me. One by one, the guys got off of me and I stood face to face with Friend1. "Why are you so tomboyish?" She asked and this infuriates me. "I don't know, why are you so girly?" I respond. She just scoffs and walks off. She never spoke to me afterwards.

I am now in 9th grade. I've kept out of trouble since then. Thank god. I have had a few close calls, but I have to stay in band. Band is my life. Without it, fights would probably be normal to me.

I thank JBKantt again for everything

My Wattpad name is LightningChaser1538 and I really appriciate you guys reading my story.💜😊

QUESTION: How do I prevent getting into fights? How do I prevent the fights come to me? Please comment. I am desperate.

ADVICE: Try to get into extracurricular activities, like band or sports. If you are being cyberbullied, report and/or block them. Find any reason to stay happy, stay fighting, or stay strong. Learn self-defence, for example, I learned how to box and a friend learned Kung Fu. Be strong my friends and pray.💜😊