Submission 689

Hey my names Katie, and this is my story on my personal experience with being the victim of a bully. I have been bullied since I started pre-school. My story is quite long as there have been many events in my life where I have felt conflicted or have been bullied.

I was a victim of bullying everyday at pre-school. I moved pre-schools twice because of it and the fact that I kept getting sick. Some girls, I didn't even know their names, but everyday they would push me and call me names and tell me to do things that are quite disgusting and bad. I then moved to a different pre-school, hoping that I would find some nice friends. I found one, she ended up leaving and left me alone for a few months. Yea it doesn't seem that long but when your young and have no other friends it is long. I was locked inside because apparently I wasn't cool enough to play with the 'bigger kids' who were only 1 year older than me. I wasn't allowed in this awesome playground they had because I was too little. These children, I absolutely hated them, I cried everyday and never looked forward to going. I'll continue onto kindergarten now.

The first major-ish incident happened when I was in kindergarten. Now this isn't really classified as bullying but it can possibly be classified as racism. I was best friends with two girls, I'll call them M and S. It was lunch time and we were sitting down eating our lunch in our lines. Everyone got up and left and S, M and I were sitting with the teacher, finishing off our lunch. S suddenly turned to me and said "I don't want to be friends with you anymore because your a different colour to me". I am not exactly the fairest person out there nor and I the darkest, I'm tanned. I turned to my friend with tears in my eyes and nodded. I got up and walked to the teacher. This was my first encounter with something this bad. I had a few incidents where some girls would target me for all incidents that would get them into trouble. I hated it. This eventually stopped, but not for long as the popular girls had been selected. Well more like they selected themselves to be a big deal and 'the girl of your dreams'. Let me tell you know, they were pretty ugly, they weren't quite the definition of pretty but if you told them that it would kind of be like mean girls. They would make your life miserable. I wasn't bullied so much in year 1. I was always under low profile but, having the best year with my best friends S and M.

Year 2 came around. I wasn't exactly the best child. I didn't get along very well with the teacher who hated me since day one for some strange reason. She even said it to my face as well. A few boys, we'll call them C, H and M. They were very upfront and rude. They would follow me around the playground, trying to touch me up and trying to have 'sex' with me. THIS IS YEAR 2! It went on for a term. I told my mum everything that happened and the principle spoke to the boys. The teacher didn't believe me because of an incident earlier and because I was always lying and saying I felt sick when all I wanted to do was get out of the classroom because I hated her. This incident is actually really stupid. A girl I was best friends with in year 6 bullied me and made up rumours because she couldn't have what turned out to be my boyfriend for 3 years. This is still year 2. She got so angry that the day he asked me out she came up to me and punched, kicked and bit me. She was really mean. Turns out she still is and always will be.

Year 3. S, M and I brought Bratz dolls to school to play with as they were the new craze. Well some other girl decided to join our group. I wasn't keen on the idea but I couldn't say anything when S and M wanted to be friends with her. One day we were playing and I asked M if I could borrow a really pretty red dress for my doll. The new girl Z looked at me and said "But M said I could have it not you, give it to me now fat biatch". I looked at Z and started to cry, running away into the toilets and crying there. All I remember hearing before I left crying was Z, M and S crying. I had no other friends because everyone unfriended me or hated me for reason's unknown. Well from that day S and M never spoke to me again and they would torment me in the playground along with Z as their leader. I would walk up to them and try and play with them but they would run away from me. I didn't even know what I did. Rumours were started and the populars even started to give me a hard go. I was so scared to o to school because I was scared they would call me names. Most of year 3 was spent crying at home and crying in school bathrooms. My parents sent in a note telling the teachers about what was happening. When the teacher spoke to them we all walked away and went back to the small assembly. However when walking there Z was behind me and somehow I tripped on the concrete and grazed my knee really bad. Later that day I ended up throwing up and going home sick because I can't handle certain amounts of pain really well. I'm a baby I know. After that day I spent the rest of year 3 playing soccer with the boys and sitting in the end of the playground making daisy chains for the prayer space in the classroom.