Story 217

This took place in fifth grade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did you choose me? Was it something I did or said? I was so nice to you. I tried to be your friend. You chose to despise me.

You did it when no one was looking except some of my friends. You'd pull me aside in the bathroom. You'd catch me on the playground and throw out more insults " you're a horrible violinist" , " stop singing or my brain will explode", "you'll never learn how to play piano", or " stop crying you big baby" all those insults still ring in my head.

You must've thought that I had everything going great for me. That I was miss has the perfect life. Well you were wrong, very very wrong. I had lost my cousin the year before, and now I had lost my great grandma. Of course I was gonna cry. The things you said hurt me. I already felt like I had been shot in the heart twice, then you came along and wounded me worse with venemous words, and hateful knive like insults.

You didn't realize that words can hurt. I talked to the counceler/lunch lady, and she brought me to the principal, and I broke down crying when I had started to tell her, then when I told the principal I started crying all over again. I had already told my mom about you, she told me to try being nice to you, and it had gotten worse to the point to where I had to tell the counselor and the principal.

You got into a lot of trouble. The principal had to talk to you, and then made you apologize. You got in trouble with your parents as well. But before I said anything about it, around the beginning of the year you had gotten the citizenship award. yeah you really deserved​ that award, good job. I didn't understand it then bit I do now.

You taught me that I shouldn't cry so much. I still cry but for good reason like the loss of someone, I don't cry when I get mad or hurt by other's words.

Your Victim,

Anonymous

What type of bullying?

Teasing, name calling

How old were you when the bullying started?

9 or 10

Who bullied you?

A friend of a friend/ a classmate.

How did you feel while you were being bullied?

Like I wanted to go curl up in a hole and hide forever, I felt ugly, I felt like I was fat, i felt like and endless stream of tears was about to burst out

How did you feel after being bullied?

I felt afraid to go to school I didn't like being bullied no one does, it was horrible.

Have you told anyone you know that you were being bullied?

Yes I told my mom, and two or three of my close friends.

Why/why not?

Because I felt like they were the only ones i could talk to that wouldn't laugh at me.

How long were you bullied for?

About 1/2 - 3/4 of a school year.

Are you still being bullied?

Sometimes but not by the same person since she no longer goes to school with me..