Story 212

Hi. Well I'm very awkward at starting off here so I'm just going to go straight to the point. So when I moved to a new town, new home, and started a fresh start in a new school, I was bullied.

It all started when it was the first day of school for me starting as a second grader. The school was cool. Ha, that rhymed (excuse my randomness) It had all the things I'd pictured in my mind: a fun playground with a rock climb and some killer cool swings and monkey bars, a wide rich green field of grass that had to be half a mile long, some of the nicest and funniest teachers I've ever met, and a very stern and strong but patient principle. It was perfect from the outside. But when it was actually time for school, oh boy.

I was far different from all my peers. Especially the girls. I was wearing jeans, some Spiderman sneakers, a batman shirt, and had a teenage mutant ninja turtle backpack. My hair was long and curly, and messy. I also had pigtails. I was clearly a tomboy.

"Ohhhh," my new teacher cooed. "You must be the new student. Well hello dear!" She was a nice old lady wearing some mom pants and a shirt that had snoopy on it. I was intrigued.

"Oh come on now. Don't be shy! Come in here."

All twenty pair of eyeballs were following my every move, checking me for any flaws. By the looks of the girly girls, they saw me as a fly in their milk.

I stood in front of the classroom, nervous and very vulnerable. I was scared shitless. Because I knew I had introduce myself, and I will automatically become a social pariah.

"Tell us your name now sweetie. Don't be shy."

This was it. This was the time. This was about to happen. They would all know my biggest deffect. And I couldn't get out of this unless I pretend I faint like last time.

I gulped and swallowed my pride.

"H-hi. M-my n-name is-"

"Teacher, she can't talk!"

Yup. I stuttered back in my years. I hated it. I am bilingual and because of that, when I was three years old, Spanish was my first language. My brain didn't let me make out the words in English because I was extremely fluent in Spainsh. It sounds weird but I guess my brain just rejected that. I mean, I knew the words. I said them in my conscious and it was okay. But I just couldn't seem to do it.

"She's weird! Why do you dress like that?"

"Why do you talk funny?"

"Haha, you're a freak. A weirdo. And you're ugly!"

"Okay! That's enough children. Now now, show your new classmate some respect." The teacher scolded and then laughed it off like they weren't just calling me names.

"Take a seat there darling. Between the girl and the boy." I nodded and ignored the rude stares from others.

I was able to make friends and they really didn't care about my whole stuttering and fashion sense, but I felt like they pitted me and took my under their wing.

I learned the ways of the school and mastered everything. I exceeded in Language Arts and Mathematics. I was bullied because of that also and I had the highest reading lexel because I was a third grader reading books for fifth or even sixth graders. Bullied by that because whoever was high in reading always earned candy. It sucked for a while and I stayed close to my friends.

I stayed silent in class and because of that, my peers thought I was blind and deaf.

"Oh my god," One of the girls from second grade whispered to her friend, also a girl from my second grade class.