Submission 1011

1.) What type of bullying did you experience?

- In elementary school, though I was completely unaware at the time, it was just teasing and inside jokes with other classmates. But in middle school, my 8th grade year, only once but still deeply affects me, physical.

2.) How old were you when the bullying started?

- 6.

3.) Who bullied you?

- The well known kids throughout the school.

4.) What would the bullies say or due to you?

- They would make fun of the way I would say something, the way I would unknowingly defend myself, who I would befriend, and the fact that I am a twin. In middle school, I got fed up with this one girl picking on me and stood my ground when she wanted me to move away from the door. Because I didn't have to, she slammed the door into me and knocked me down.

5.)How did you feel while you were being bullied?

- Well like I said, in elementary school I was unaware that it was considered bullying. But I remember being embarrassed. And in middle school, I was humiliated and extremely hurt because it was very unexpected.

6.) How did you feel after being bullied?

- I remember shutting down after the incident in middle school, I had a lot of personal issues and that was my last straw. 2 years later and I have to recover from my depression.

7.) Did anything help you cope with that feeling?

- I had one friend, still to this day actually. He's my best friend and we're both damaged in our own way, he's helping me carry on.

8.) Have you ever self-harmed and/or fallen into a state of depression as a result of being bullied?

- In 7th grade I cut my leg and when asked about it I blamed it on my cat. People believed me, too. I'm still trying to stop. And I am still in depression.

9.) Have you ever contemplated suicide as a result of being bullied?

- Not because of the situation itself.

10.) Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied? Why/why not?

- About middle school, yes. It really freaked me out and I ended up having a panic-attack. I had no choice but to tell someone.

11.) How long were you bullied for?

- 8 years.

12.) Are you still being bullied?

- Ever since my freshman year, just last year, no. I socialize with a lot of the football players and anyone that even just jokes gets called out by one of them if they're nearby. Which is pretty much always. I don't even know what I did for them to protect me like this, I'm not that pretty and I'm beyond quiet. But it's really comforting knowing that people so far up the social chain take the time to make sure I'm okay and cared for. And it's not that they pity me, I know what that looks/sounds like and they genuinely look out for me.

ADVICE: Stand up for yourself, even if it means getting knocked. (Literally)