Submission 627

Hey there  This is gonna be really REALLY long, so sorry about that :P I was bullied by my (wait for it) church group. Yes, that's right. Pretty ironic isn't it? It all started at the age of 4. I was never really a girly child. I liked to play with the boys a lot and almost never wore skirts. I had a few female friends, but not many. I was extremely happy with whom I was, but apparently to the other girls in my church, that was a bad thing. You see, my only female friends were kids at school, or my family members. At church, I had no female friends what so ever. I didn't care, until that one day. At my church, they use the basement as a Sunday school, (they keep all the kids from 5 months to 11 years old in there), while all the adults had their service upstairs.

I had to use the bathroom, so I told one of the teachers I had to go. She said to hold it in, as the service was almost over and the parents would come to pick up their kids soon. I was an obedient child, so I nodded and tried to hold it in. It wasn't hard, it wasn't an emergency. One of the girls tapped my shoulder. I turned around and she immediately threw one of her crayons at me, it hit me in the eye. I was so shocked that I peed my pants on the spot. They all laughed, and I started to cry. One of the teachers went to get my mom and I stayed with her and the adults until the end of the service.

Ever since then, the girls would call be a boy, ugly, etc, They would throw their things at me. Because of this, I always hung around the boys. They would always hug me when they were being mean, sometimes they confronted them. They would always share their toys with me and make me laugh. The girls were always so viscous, but the boys were so kind. That's probably one of the reasons why I'm still a tomboy to this day. As I grew older, the same girls bullied me every Sunday. The boys were always still kind to me. But as we all got older, the girls got a bit more... offensive.

You see, when I turned 8, a lot of the kids started cursing. I never did, because I didn't want to get in trouble. One of the girls (whom I'm going to call BULLY1) had been bullying me the most out of all the girls. BULLY1 had shiny black hair, perfect tan skin, not one zit on her face. Her family was a lot wealthier than everyone else. Pretty much every girl there loved her. And for some reason, she hated my guts. She would make fun of my hair, my skin, my clothes, everything. Even when my guy friends confronted her, she still wouldn't leave me alone. One day, she walked up to me and asked me, "Why don't you curse?" I told her "because I don't like to". Then she called me a pussy, and said that I'm weak and helpless. I calmly told her to stop. She told me to curse. I refused. So she cursed me out, in front of everyone. She said that I showed that woman are helpless, and that I was a shame to all females, which makes no sense WHAT SO EVER!! All the other girls laughed, the teachers didn't care. My best friend (who is still my best friend today, and I'm going to call him FRIEND1) let me sit with him and his friends. FRIEND1 told me to ignore her, and if she was ever bothering me to come to him and his friends. That made me feel a lot better.

But, I refused to tell him something. BULLY1 also went to my school. There was no escaping her. She bullied me in the morning, in the halls, during lunch, on the playground, etc. It was as if everywhere I went, she was there. Once, she got a whole bunch of girls to wait for me at the bathroom. When I walked in, they would all yell at me, pull my hair, insult me, and stuff like that.

As I grew up, I began to hate girls. I stopped wearing skirts in general. I started to listen to a whole bunch of rock music (which I still listen to) Like Green day, My Chemical Romance, Fall out boy, Panic! at the Disco, Twenty one pilots, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with sirens, etc. I wore a lot of black, which is my favorite color. I obviously wasn't emo or anything like that. But lot people thought I was emo. I was distant with the girls at my school, and my female family members. I always ran home from school or church crying my eyes out. It got so bad that I dreaded going to church every Sunday.