Story 213

I think back by to those long days not knowing what to think.

You see way back when, I was a cheerleader and it was my seventh grade year. I was good, the best but I was chubby. I still am now but not as much.

Now I know that in cheering you have to have a thick skin. I've known that for a long time and I'm just too soft sometimes but this was different. I was a cheerleader for 4 years before this and nothing happened.

I'm a fairly likeable person and only had two friends on the whole squad of 25. Everyone else hated my guts.

I remember this one particular bully was the worst. She was the daughter of the person who ran absolutely everything. She was awful but somehow made it though tryouts every year. She would sit down, in the middle of a cheer and nobody would say anything. I couldn't say anything, or I would be taken off the squad and all my"friends" would turn on me. So I didn't do anything. I told no one.

They said nasty things to me like these, now I'm saying this is what they would say, not what they did.

"I'm not doing a stunt with her, she'll drop me in a second. I don't trust her."

"I'm not being her partner, she's stupid and fat."

The instructors did nothing. They usually agreed with her and moved on. I don't know how many times I came home balling my eyes out.

I took a year of pain and suffering to find out my two friends had the same thing happen to them. No body stood up to any of us either.

It's been a while, and I've moved on. I'm currently a freshman in highschool. I joined my school's marching band. I love it with a burning passion and am proud to be a band geek. People are a lot nicer and I've made dozens of friends along the way.

(How's about my band people comment because you guys put hard work in and deserve recognition.)

I will never forget how they treated me. The only thing I can compair to it is like dirt.

I'm glad I got to share my story because I've been holding it in for a long time.