Story 253

Okay.. so I'm going to try and write the best that I can but I apologize in advance.

I guess I really started to notice the "bullying" around third grade. I had been attending a private catholic school that had about roughly 180 kids. My class was one of the largest classes with about 35 kids. I never really was a popular kid. I had friends but I never was picked first or anything. One particular group of friends was really important to me at that time. We were a typical group of social outcasts (well as outcast as you can be at third grade) as we liked video games and reading. One skill we all possessed was drawing. I mean I don't want to brag but we loved it and we're pretty good at it too. I drew the realistic stuff. One of my friends could draw cartoon characters like no other epically at age nine. The rest of our ragtag was group posses all sorts of other skills that we cherished. We had no problem benign the underdogs.

Then the name calling started. "weirdos" "freaks" "losers". One time I was sitting on the bleachers reading when a kids from my class came up and punched me strait in the face. I'm not joking. I had a black eye for days! Hearing and seeing people that you though were your friends call you and your group names like that was heartbreaking. I got over it pretty fast but some of my other friends started to question their social standards at about 5th grade.

5th grade was the year when kids started watching tv shows and wandering why they weren't as pretty or as popular as the teens in the shows. They saw movies that showed popular girls pushing unpopular people down and they took off of that. It was also the year of Instagram. oh god. The follower wars that followed were a nightmare. All you would hear ever day in homeroom was " I got 54 followers! I'm so popular ". and then as soon as she turned her back the best friend she was talking too would turn around to another girl and say " OMG did you hear her she is SO not popular. I have 76 followers!". During all this I was I was determined not to get an Instagram.

During that year I noticed a lot of people leaving. They would brag about getting out of the sh:t hole we called our school and moving on to public school. This one guy bully made it his mission to hurt me as much as possible before he left the next year. I would walk down the hall carrying 3-4 textbooks and he would push me. I was so shocked the first time he did it. Why would he push me? I had never done anything to him? During all this time the name calling only got worse. The small group of friends I had diminished as they all wanted to be popular. All except my best friend.

My best friend was the prettiest girl I have ever seen even at a young age. I always will be jealous of her cheek bone and thin thighs. She was immediately accepted into the popular cliches but she never left me.

Still in 5th grade bully1 (not the guy bully, bully one is a girl). started to attack. I was used to being called name and being picked last but someone that I directly trusted hurting me was something I could never imagine her doing. We had been friends for years both liking the same things. She was the girl that could draw mad cartoon drawings. We had always been friends but about twice a year we would fight over the stupidest things. These fights were literally wars that every year every teacher expected becuase we would always do it. One day we were friends and the next we weren't speaking.

The most significant fight was about bully2. bully1 and I were pretty close and then bully2 came along. bully2 had a sister the same age as bully1 so they hung out quite a lot. In sixth grade bully1 and bully2 were as close as could be and I was the third wheel. after 4th grade my best friends mom lost her job and she had to go to public school so I was alone at school. Every day the two bullies would torment me physically and emotionally. They would spread the stupidest of rumors. In 6th grade everyone was dating. This was horrible. I of course did not have a boyfriend and had no intention of getting one but the bullies had other plans. They got a boy I REALLY liked to fake ask me out and then dump me 2 days later then start dating bully1 that same day. This was my first heartbreak and it was stupid.