Submission 725

Um... I think my bullying started when I was in preschool, actually. There were these girls that criticized my art... But that's not really the matter right now. I mean, I overcame that hurtfulness and improved my art just to prove them wrong.

Anyway. Enough about that. The bullying mostly subsided until my best friend moved away (we'd known each other since birth). I moved, completely coincidentally, into the same school district, only to find that she'd replaced me with a new bestie.

Not gonna lie, it hurt. A lot. Watching them laugh and smile together like I used to do with her was aggravating. Especially since I didn't know anyone else in the entire school! My friend never even tried to help me. So I guess that was bullying in itself. Abandonment, I guess?

Now, I don't have the smoothest life at home (my parents are at each other's throats 24/7). So with this, and not having friends? It bothered me, yes. Especially since my ex friend left me for one of those popular cheerleader squad girls.

So naturally I was sad, and lonely, and moody. It wasn't an emo phase or anything, just me down in the dumps. Who wouldn't be?

I did manage to make a couple friends here and there, none of them super close. In seventh grade, however, I had around five not too close friends. None of them bothered to sit with me or anything, so I was left to myself at lunch. Yippee, right? Nope. My depression just got worse, and soon I was having suicidal thoughts.

And yes, I did try to hang myself in the bathroom. It didn't work.

But about halfway through the year, this girl that was in a couple of my classes started being super friendly towards me. I don't know if it was because I didn't smile that often or what, but she definitely was being way nicer to me than she was to anyone else.

But then, what if she liked me? I questioned it, and the more I thought about it, the more I was drawn to her. Maybe I liked her back? I did. I settled for Pansexual, since I did have a few guy crushes.

It turns out she did like me, and we got together. Girlfriend-girlfriend.

Of course, a lot of people weren't too happy about us, and a lot of them started bullying us.

The two head bullies? You guessed it. My ex friend and her cheerleader squad bestie. Bully1 and Bully2.

It started with teasing, then escalated to people slamming us (mostly me, because I'm a small person and she's way tall) into lockers. We even started finding nasty notes inside our lockers, or hidden in our stuff. It was sickening, mostly, but my girlfriend, being the optimist she was, helped keep my spirits up.

Then came the cyberbullying. They would take pictures of us without us realizing and post it onto social media with disgusting captions. We decided that enough was enough, so we presented the situation to our teacher.

He wasn't a supporter of gay rights. Big whoop.

The bullying continued, and we confronted the principal herself. She got the situation under control (thank the lord) and Bully1 and Bully2 both got suspended along with a couple other people.

Today, (I'm not saying what grade I'm in now), nobody teases or bullies us anymore. My girlfriend and I are a happy couple and we love each other no matter what other people think.

I think my point is that you can't let other people bring you down. You have to be who you want to be, and do what you want to do. Don't let other people dictate your every move, because then you'll never get what you want. I mean, I'm not saying it's going to be easy, because it's not, but you have to put up a fight. Fight until there's no more fight left in you, then refill yourself and continue fighting.

This was probably way long so to summarize it, I was bullied for being a girl and having a girlfriend. But we persisted and now we can be a happy couple in peace.

Well. I hope this was inspiring or something XD Peace out! 

QUESTION: I guess there are still some mental scars from the bullying that I can't get over. Anxiety and depression relapses are common for me, and I really can't afford medications. I know you're probably not a doctor, but any advice on how to tone down the aniexty attacks??